General Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is a psychiatric condition best characterized by worries that are excessive and interfere with normal social functioning. The worry is intense and pervasive, lasts a long time, and frequently occurs for no reason. People suffering from GAD are likely to perceive everyday life as unmanageable. For adults to be diagnosed with GAD, they will exhibit at least three of the six primary symptoms.
People who suffer from Panic Disorder experience recurring sudden and intense fear that peaks within a matter of minutes. A panic attack may be expected or be unexpected with no discernible trigger at the time. The intensity and frequency of panic attacks can have a wide range. In addition to having at four of the 13 defined symptoms, panic disorder requires that a panic attack be followed by a minimum of one month of worry about additional attacks and/or behavior is changed to avoid a panic attack.
Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) covers a related range of specific beliefs and behaviors. Obsessions are involuntary and unwanted intrusive thoughts that recur and persist and that an individual attempts to neutralize by performing a compulsion. Compulsions are thoughts or behaviors that are rigidly repeated; they are either excessive or not necessarily connected to the obsession. Examples include behaviors like showering for hours every day or arranging objects in a very specific order.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is one of several trauma-related disorders resulting from exposure to a traumatic or stressful event. These are experiences that are deeply distressing and disturbing and negatively impact individuals. PTSD can be military or non-military in nature and presents itself in a wide variety of ways ranging from emotional and behavioral symptoms to dissociative symptoms. Children under six years of age have separate diagnostic criteria.
- SHIMANO cables shifter trasero 1,2x2100mm acero inoxidable 100 piezas Y60098520
- Sunrace MS3 10 Speed 11-42 Tooth Mega MTB Cassette Shimano SRAM Compatible 1x10
- Vittoria Fraxion Alloy Carbon Wheelset 700C Open Box
- WTB Vigilante 27.5 X 2.6 Tcs Tough Fast Rolling Tt Bike Tire
- Daiwa Cerámica Súper Ajuste Td-Tierra (1st Generation)
- DAIWA INFINITY CARP FISHING ROD IAMT 2234 12' 2 SECTION
- Camp Chef Triton 5 l Portable Water Heater
- Doppel Hängematte Carolina flowers red La Siesta Tuchhängematte
- Endura Women's FS260-Pro SL Lite S S Jersey - Turquoise - XS
- Hozan Hozan Adapter Kit Cannondale Size Adaptation C-448 C-448-4
- Lodge P14W3 14 Cast Iron Wok 22940
- NEW Pelican Headsup Lite 2610 LED Headlight
- Portable Folding Table Chairs Set Outdoor Camp Beach Picnic w Carrying Bag New
- Shimano SH-XC9B S-Phyre Racing MTB shoes Size 40 SPD compatible
- Träger-Rohr hinten verona Aluminium 567040330 PERUZZO Fahrrad
- Voodoo Tactical 36 Predector Rifle Case Od Green 15 8748004000
- men NOUVELLES shoes DE MODE MODERNES EN CUIR brown DE CUIR DE SUEDE
- JS Company Sun Visor Fishing Cap Hat orange
- Men's Winter Warm Denim Ski Snowboard Pants Windproof Outdoor Hiking Trouser AR1
- Okuma C-10 Ceymar Spinning Reel 6BB + 1RB, 5.0 1 Ratio, Alum Spool
- Reinsman Molly Powell Vintage Cowgirl Headstall
- Shimano AR-C AERO BB 5000-HG Spinning Reel NEW
- 2 Dive & Sail rash guard long sleeve shirts
- SIZE 7 KORKERS OMNITRAX V3.0 STUDDED KLING-ON RUBBER SPARE REPLACEMENT SOLES
- TYROLIA MC6 SLX 690 SKIS
- Wintec 500 All Purpose Saddle CAIR
- 8' Sabiki Bait Fishing Rod And Fishing Reel Combo
- BTI Tools Bubba Blade 7 Tapered Flex Fillet Knife, With Sheath, Red - BB1-7F
Separation Anxiety Disorder manifests itself by age-related inappropriate and intense anxiety or fear relating to being separated from a person to whom the subject is attached. For a true diagnosis, this will last for a minimum (for adults) of six months and include at least three specific symptoms. The situation will also result in impairment of everyday living and functioning at home, school or work.
Phobias are fears or anxiety relating to a specific situation or object. Some well known examples include fear of spiders, heights, needles, enclosed places like airplanes or elevators, loud sounds, and clowns. The reaction is intense and severe and totally out of proportion to the real situation and the person will take means to avoid the object or situation, which can impact normal daily functioning.
Anxiety.org Advisory Board Member
Our Expert Affiliates
4570 Campus Drive, Ste 23
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Mon-Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm PST
THANK YOUYour message has been forwarded to a team member
Publish With Us
Be a Thought Leader
Anxiety.org is home to world-class doctors, therapists, researchers, and specialists producing groundbreaking mental health research and insights and sharing them with their peers, practitioners, and individuals who struggle with anxiety.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Grow Your Audience
Our content attractS readers from all over the world who look to us for trusted insight on mental health issues. Reach and connect with individuals and communities who want to know more about your work in the field of mental health.
Make a Difference
By publishing your research and insights with us, you seize the opportunity to impact humanity many lives by disseminating your insights faster and more widely. If you’re interested in making a difference, join us in our work.